You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your Member Account and using the Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction;
- you are not a resident of (or will use the Services in) a country that the U.S. government has embargoed for use of the Services, nor are you named on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or any other applicable trade sanctioning regulations;
- you own all rights in and to any content provided by you ("Member Content"), including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, text, literary works and any other materials ("Content"), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the Member Content, as necessary to legally use, publish, transfer or license any and all rights and interests in and to such Member Content;
- You will fully comply with all applicable laws and agreements which govern your use of the Services.
Further, you acknowledge and agree that we shall determine the means, manner, and method for performing the Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any Member Websites and/or Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto). In addition, you acknowledge that neighborhoods are not subject to a generally accepted definition, but are subject to individual interpretation. Also, neighborhoods as shown on the Member Website are not necessarily "subdivisions" and neighborhoods are not available for every city in the U.S. You may find deviations between what is shown and what you might personally expect.
You undertake and agree NOT to:
- copy, modify, create derivative works of, download, adapt, reverse engineer, emulate, migrate to another service, translate, compile, decompile or disassemble any of the Sites, the Services (or any part thereof), any Content offered by us or Third Party Services for use and display within Member Websites ("Licensed Content") except as expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- publish and/or make any use of the Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by us, and/or frame, "deep link", "page scrape", mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Services, Licensed Content and/or Member Website (or any part thereof);
- use any "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Services (or any of its data), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Services;
- purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use our name or our Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
- impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Services and/or Member Website, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us and/or any of our other Visitors or Members;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that we or any third party endorses you, your Member Website, your business, your Member Products, or any statement you make;
- reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another Member of Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other Member's right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Services and/or Member Website without their express and informed consent;
- disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services, Member Website, the account of another Member or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any network connected to the Services;
- upload to the Services and/or Member Website or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
- take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or our systems or networks connected to the Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
- use any of the Services and/or Member Website in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
- sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Services, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
- remove or alter any copyright notices, watermarks, restrictions and signs indicating proprietary rights of any of our licensors, including copyright mark [©] or trademarks [® or ™] contained in or accompanying the Services and/or Licensed Content;
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you may result in the immediate termination of your Member Account and/or any Services provided to you - with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
DO NOT CONTACT. Chime prohibits the use of any provided Services being involved in or utilized for call or text (SMS) communication that is not compliant with applicable state, federal, or international laws or regulations. You understand and agree to the following:
Your Compliance Obligations Regarding Telemarketing, Do-Not-Call, and other Laws and Regulations Applicable to Your Use of the Services: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO ONE OR MORE STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING TELEMARKETING ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING LAWS AND REGULATIONS ADMINISTERED BY THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION AND THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, AS WELL AS STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL AND OTHER STATE REGULATORS AND REGULATORS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND OTHER INTERNATIONAL BODIES. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN YOUR USE OF ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE UNDERTAKEN INDEPENDENT EFFORTS TO CONFIRM YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND HAVE NOT IN ANY WAY RELIED ON ANY COMMUNICATION BY US, WHETHER ORAL OR IN WRITING, REGARDING SUCH COMPLIANCE BY YOU.
As Customer, you assume all liability and responsibility for operating the Services according to any international, federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations, rules, and requirements, including but not limited to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003, the General Data Protection Regulation, and any other laws, regulations, rules, and requirements regarding data privacy, telemarketing, recording conversations, consumer protection, the use of automatic telephone dialing systems, text messaging, or e-mail. You are aware that such laws include rules, regulations, and limitations regarding commercial solicitations and/or the making of prerecorded, artificial voice, and autodialed telephonic messages or text messages to homes and businesses without the prior express and/or prior express written consent of the called party. You are aware that such laws also include rules, regulations, and limitations regarding commercial solicitations to homes and businesses that have opted into a state or federal do not call registry. You are also aware that such laws may require you to obtain a license or otherwise register with a government or regulatory body prior to operating the Services. You acknowledge that you understand that the violation of any such laws may result in significant penalties and other sanctions. You further acknowledge and agree that you should consult with your own counsel, prior to using the Services, to determine the extent of permissible solicitation activities. You agree to use this product in accordance with all legal requirements. Chime will not be responsible for any illegal use of its services. You are responsible for all insurance, tax, and license requirements applicable to your use of the Services.
Do Not Call compliance, including compliance with state DNC laws, is solely the responsibility of you, the Customer. Chime is not responsible for any customer misuse, intentional or unintentional, of any data provided, including DNC data.
As between us and you, you shall own all intellectual property pertaining to your Member Content, including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, text, literary works and any other materials created by you. You hereby grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to use your Member Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in order to provide you with the Services, and as further specified under this Agreement.
All right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any and all copyrightable materials or any other content thereof which is or may be subject to any intellectual property rights under any applicable law (including any artwork, graphics, images, website templates and widgets, literary work, source and object code, computer code (including html), applications, audio, music, video and other media, designs, animations, interfaces, the "look and feel" of the Services, methods, products, algorithms, data, interactive features and objects, advertising and acquisition tools and methods, inventions, trade secrets, logos, domains, customized URLs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other proprietary identifiers, whether or not registered and/or capable of being registered (collectively, "Intellectual Property"), and any derivations thereof, are owned by and/or licensed to us.
Subject to your full compliance with this Agreement and timely payment of all applicable Fees, we hereby grant you, upon creating your Member Account and for as long as we provide you with the Services, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, fully revocable, limited license to use the Services and Licensed Content, for the purpose of accessing and using the Services and generating and displaying your Member Website, solely as expressly permitted under the terms of this Agreement, and solely within the Services.
6.1 Account Activation Fee is due at the time of account setup and is non-refundable.
6.2 CRM AND LEADS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Chime will provide you with one instance of Chime CRM and Leads Management System.
- CRM Features. The Chime CRM and Leads Management system includes features for capturing, tracking, managing and nurturing leads, managing agent activity, contacts and workflow. Features of the CRM system may change from time to time and Chime reserves the right to charge for new features that may be included in future CRM releases.
- PROPERTY LISTING ALERT. Chime will automatically electronically syndicate all your active property listings using Agent ID and/or Office ID to a select group of free and/or paid real estate websites. You must notify Chime in writing if you do not want your property listing syndicated. You represent that you have express authorization from all agents to permit such syndication.
6.3 CHIME REAL ESTATE IDX WEBSITE.
Website Overview. Chime will provide you with the standard customer-facing Chime IDX-integrated Website. In the event that you require additional IDX Website customization, please see Section 9 "Additional Services and Fees" for the terms for this customization.
- SUBDOMAIN. Through Chime you can setup subdomains for team member(s).
- DOMAIN NAME. You can choose to use a domain name already owned by you or, alternatively, you can choose to use the domain provided by Chime. Chime reserves the right to refuse the use of any domain name or any of your Branding/Content (as defined below) that Chime determines in its discretion is inappropriate, illegal, offensive, or in violation of another party's rights. Any changes to the domain name post launch will be subject to additional charges based, as applicable, on time and materials or Chime's then current fee structure.
- BRANDING. You warrant that all Branding that you provide will comply with all MLS rules and regulations and all applicable laws.
MLS / IDX INTEGRATION. Chime will integrate your Multiple Listing Service (MLS) IDX data feed from your respective MLS Board(s) as disclosed in writing to Chime. Any changes to Client's MLS Board or brokerage changes must be approved in writing by Chime.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold Chime harmless from any failure by you to obtain or maintain the appropriate licenses for the MLS and/or IDX account to allow use by Chime on the Website or, for any unauthorized use by you or your agents of such MLS data or feed.
You will pay directly all 3rd party vendor set-up fees and monthly service fees charged by the MLS/IDX provider for Chime to access MLS data. You shall also pay directly all charges from the MLS data provider including costs associated with MLS integration, and other marketing costs associated with the service. In certain geographic areas, Chime may, at its option, configure multiple unique MLS feeds into a single platform. Multiple MLS feeds are subject to additional charges as determined by Chime. Chime will not be liable in the event that the MLS application process is unsuccessful or exceeds the initial timeline established by Chime.
- UPDATES - Chime reserves the right to update, modify and upgrade the Platform in its sole discretion during the term of this Agreement. Such modifications or updates may include new or modified functionality or removal of obsolete or other functions.
6.4 MARKETING SERVICES: Chime offers optional lead generation, marketing, listing promotion and management services that require the payment of additional fees and charges. For lead generation, Chime will create and develop your online advertising campaign, help you with your picture design and generate keyword combinations for your website. Chime can also manage your online advertising campaign by assessing your ad position, audience, scheduling and bidding. If you choose to use this service, you will provide an advertising budget ("Ad Budget"), and appoint and authorize Chime as an agent to procure advertising on your behalf. In addition to the Ad Budget, you will pay Chime a management fee to be determined by Chime based upon the Ad Budget.
6.5 SUPPORT SERVICES. Chime will provide you access to Chime's Client Success Teams including Implementation, On-boarding, Success Management Services and Chime's Support Team for technical support. Chime may change the services offered at its sole discretion from time to time and may offer certain services at additional fees as provided in the 'additional services and fees' section.
6.6 DIRECT MAIL SERVICES. Chime will provide you access to direct mail services for additional lead generation and marketing that require the payment of additional fees as provided in the "additional fees and charges" section. Such services shall be offered on a month to month basis or for such other term as Chime may determine at its sole discretion. Chime may change the direct mail services offered at its sole discretion from time to time. All postcards are finished with a Matte UV Coating and are 8.5" x 5.5". Newsletters are 11" x 17". Five (5) proofs per design are included in all direct mail packages per card design and any additional proofs will be charged a $20.00 fee thereafter. One design allowed per mailer and any additional designs will be quoted as a separate a la carte service. Chime may offer al a carte direct mail services and products that will be billed at Chime's then current rates for such products and services. You will be responsible for any increase in the cost of postage by the United States Postal Service (the "USPS") for direct mail services and the fees charged by Chime for such services shall be adjusted by the amount of any increase as of the effective date of the increase. You understand and acknowledge that there is an expected amount of "kickback" with direct mail services and that ten percent or more of the mailings may be undeliverable. Chime shall have no responsibility for returns from the USPS and you shall not be entitled to any refund or credit for returns.
Chime may refer you to its affiliate, "GeoFarm," for lead generation marketing.
The use of certain Services may be subject to payment of additional fees ("Paid Services" and "Fees"). We will provide notice of such Fees then in effect for such Paid Services. We may change such Fees at any time, upon notice to you. If you received a discount or other promotional offer, your subscription to such Service(s) shall be automatically renewed at the full applicable Fee.
- FEES. All Fees shall be paid in U.S. Dollars. You shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes relating to your use of the Services ("Taxes").
- PAYMENT. You authorize us (either directly or through our affiliates, subsidiaries or other third parties) to collect payment (or otherwise charge, refund or take any other billing actions) from our payment provider or your designated banking account, and to make any inquiries we or our subsidiaries or affiliates may consider necessary to validate your designated payment account or financial information.
- AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. The Services will automatically renew on a recurring-fees basis for a renewal period equal in time to the original subscription period unless terminated by either party in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term. You will be automatically charged the applicable Fees for such Services using the payment method you have on file with us.
- CANCELLING PAID SERVICES. You shall be solely responsible for the discontinuation of any Services purchased by you. Certain services purchased on or through the Services may be non-refundable. These include Third Party Services such as domains, business tools and applications.
- CHARGE BACKS. If, at any time, you contact your bank or credit card company and decline, chargeback or otherwise reject the charge of any payable Fees (collectively, a "Chargeback"), this will constitute a breach of your payment obligations hereunder, your use of the Services may be automatically terminated, your Member Account may be blocked and any data contained in such Member Account may be subject to cancellation and Capacity Loss (as defined in below). If you have any questions or concerns regarding a payment made to us, we encourage you to first contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org before filing a Chargeback.
- CANCELLATION AND FAILURE TO COMPLY. You may cancel your Member Account and/or any Services at any time, in accordance with the instructions available on the applicable Site(s) provided, however, that (i), no refund will be made for a prepaid annual arrangement and (ii) a one-month fee will be assessed for a prepaid monthly arrangement. Failure to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement and/or to pay any Fee when due may result in cancellation or suspension of your Member Account and Member Website (or certain features thereof), as well as the provision of any related Services or Third Party Services to you.
If your Member Account or any Services or Third Party Services related to your Member Account are cancelled, such cancellation may cause or result in the loss of certain content, features, or capacity of your Member Account, including any Member Content, visitor or user data or other usage data retained therein, and including any domain name reservation or registration that was included in such Services (collectively, "Capacity Loss"). We shall have no liability or responsibility for any Capacity Loss.
The Services may enable you to engage and procure certain third party services and tools for enhancing your Member Website and your overall user experience, including domain registrars from which you may purchase a domain name for your Member Website, third party applications and widgets offered via the Site(s), third party Licensed Content, media distribution services, third party designers who may assist you with your Member Website, etc. (collectively, "Third Party Services"). We shall have no liability or responsibility for any Third-Party Services. We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to suspend, disable access to or remove from your Member Account, Member Website(s) and/or the Services, any Third-Party Services without any liability to you or to any of your visitors or users.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, we act in accordance with our interpretation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you believe that your work has been copied or was otherwise used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Customer Service of such infringement by phone 888-342-9698 or email: email@example.com. If we receive notice regarding a copyright infringement related to your Member Account or Member Website, we may cancel your Member Account, take your Member Website down or remove any Content in our sole discretion, with or without prior notice to you. In such case, you may file an appropriate counter-notice in accordance with Section 512 of the DMCA,
We provide the Sites and the Services on an "as is," "where is," "with all faults" and "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We specifically do not represent or warrant that the Sites or Services (or any part, feature or Content thereof) are complete, accurate, of any certain quality, reliable or secure in any way, suitable for or compatible with any of your (or your visitors or users) contemplated activities, devices, operating systems, browsers, software or tools (or that they will remain as such at any time), or comply with any laws applicable to you or your visitors or users or that their operation will be free of any viruses, bugs or other harmful components or program limitations. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, under no circumstances may we be considered as a "publisher" of any Member Content, and we do not in any way endorse any Member Content or assume any liability for any Member Content uploaded, posted, published and/or made available by any Member or any other party on and/or through the Services. You acknowledge that (1) there are risks in using the Services and/or connecting and/or dealing with any Third-Party Services in connection with Services, (2) we cannot and do not guarantee any specific outcomes from such use and/or interactions, and (3) you hereby assume all such risks, liabilities and/or harm of any kind arising in connection with and/or resulting from such interactions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and/or agents shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, including any damages resulting from (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of or in any content; (2) any personal injury or property damage related to your use of the Services; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information and/or any other information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Services; (5) the use or display of any Content or Member Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services; and/or (6) events beyond our reasonable control, including any internet failures, equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, governmental actions, orders of courts, agencies or tribunals or non-performance of third parties. You acknowledge and agree that these limitations of liability are agreed allocations of risk constituting in part the consideration for our services to you, and such limitations will apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such liabilities.
Changes and Updates: We may change, suspend or terminate any of the Services (or any features thereof, or prices therefor), at any time and in any manner. Such changes may become effective upon notice to you (and in any event, not in a retroactive manner - except as required otherwise by law). If any such changes involve the payment of additional Fees, we will provide you with a notice of such Fees prior to enabling such specific changes. If you fail or refuse to pay such Fees, we may cancel your Member Account, continue to support your then-current Services without enabling such changes, or provide you with alternative Services.
Governing Law: This Agreement, the rights and remedies provided hereunder shall be governed by, construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without respect to any conflict of law principles.
Jurisdiction: Any and all claims and disputes under this Agreement shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by, a court of competent jurisdiction located in Maricopa County, Arizona. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
Notices: We may provide you with notices in any of the following methods: (1) via the Services, including by a banner or pop-up within the applicable Site(s), Member Account or elsewhere; (2) by e-mail, sent to the e-mail address you provided us; and/or (3) through any other means, including any phone number or physical address you provided us. Such notice to you will be deemed received and effective upon receipt or twenty-four (24) hours after it was published or sent through any of the foregoing methods, unless otherwise indicated in the notice.
Headings: Any heading, caption or section title here is provided only for convenience, and shall not be used to interpret any section or provision hereof.
Choice of Language: The terms of this Agreement were written in English. If a translated (non-English) version of this Agreement conflicts in any way with their English version, the provisions of the English version shall prevail.
Relationship: This Agreement, your access to the Site(s), and your use of the Services, do not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between us and you.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement and any other legal or fee notices provided to you by us, shall constitute the entire agreement between us concerning the subject matter hereof and all prior understandings shall be deemed merged herein.
Assignment: You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and obligations hereunder.
Severability; No Waiver: If any provision of the Agreement is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement. No Waiver of any breach or default of any of the terms of the Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
To get in touch with our Customer Service - please use any of the options listed below:
Telephone Number: 888-342-9698
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgAddress: 45 W Buchanan St, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Last Updated: 02/16/2023
Chime Technologies, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiary sites and services (collectively, “Chime”, “company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Chime is a leading technology provider for real estate professionals and provides a robust CRM platform and real estate website solution for individuals or organizations of any size.
Important Notice to European Union Individuals: The General Data Protection
By using this site and services, you agree to take basic steps to ensure your privacy online. You agree to log out of this site when you are finished, protecting your information from other users. You also agree not to share your password or login ID with anyone else. In addition, you agree to take reasonable precautions against malware and viruses by installing an antivirus software to protect your online activities.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Information may include the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, credit card/payment information, username and password, and contact data (i.e., email address, telephone number, and employer name).
If you use Site features operated by third-party social networking services (such as Facebook), we may receive information you have made available to those services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, date of birth, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favorite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. Some of these social networking services allow you to push content from our Sites to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Sites. Some of these services also will facilitate your registration for our Sites or enhance or personalize your experience on our Sites. You should make sure you understand the information your third-party social networking services may make available to our Sites.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you (“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregating, anonymizing or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide any Personal Information.
- Visitors to, or users of, its websites or mobile applications
- Prospective and current customers using Chime’s services
- Service providers and business partners
- Prospective and current employees
- Other third-parties that Chime interacts with
We collect this information to continually improve and enhance the functionality of Chime. We gather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or click stream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We take your privacy seriously and employ information protection controls in keeping with industry standards and practices or applicable governmental requirements to safeguard your information and protect your anonymity. Personal Information about you may be collected from you through various sources, including information (i) that is entered manually and voluntarily by you on the Site’s application and other forms or postings on the Site; (ii) that you provide regarding your preferences (for example, based on your activity on our website); (iii) from other sources with your consent (for example, from other institutions such as auditors or administrators); (iv) from sources in the public domain; and (v) from other interactions you may have with us (for example, discussions or emails with our staff, including through the use of the Site’s contact features).
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may gather anonymous technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, cookie information, pages visited, and average time spent on our Website. This information does not personally identify you and may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, to customize any advertising or content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, contact you, conduct research, or analyze and improve our Site design and functionality.
Such information collected by us is stored and processed in the United States. By using the website and our Services, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information and any such transfer of information outside of your country. We make no representation or warranty with respect to any duty to permanently store any Personal Information you may provide.
In order to provide the best experience when you visit our website, we may ask you for Personal Information. Personal Information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address, both of which you may be asked to provide when registering with Chime. A description of some of the ways that you may provide Personal Information to us, as well as further details on how we may use such Personal Information, is given below.
If you email us using a "Contact Us" link or form on our Website, we may ask you for information such as your name and e-mail address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our response to you.
We may occasionally ask website visitors to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes, and interests. These surveys help us improve our products and services. When asking for participation in these surveys, we may ask you to provide us with your name and email address.
Our Website may offer visitors contact forms to request additional details and to download collateral. If you fill out one of our web forms, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via web forms, we may retain the form data which can include name, email address and other contact related details.
Our Website links to community platforms that provide individuals the opportunity to ask questions and answer questions within the Chime user community. This community user data may contain self-reported demographics. If you choose to correspond with us and the community using these platforms, we may retain the data which could include name, email address, and other contact related details.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Chime and our marketing partners, analytics providers, and customer support systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you.
Most web browsers can be set to tell you when a cookie has been sent to you and give you the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Refusing a cookie may in some cases prevent you from using or negatively impact the display or function of our Website or certain areas or features of our Website. There are numerous resources on the Internet that can provide more information about how cookies work and how you can manage them.
If advertisements appear on our website or services, the advertisers may employ cookies and other tracking technologies in connection with those advertisements. Your accessing any of those advertisements from our webpage may cause your exposure to those tracking technologies. Third party websites that you visit may use the cookies placed by third party vendors for similar purposes. We have no responsibility for any such cookies and other tracking technologies.
Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, ("Web Beacons"), are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web Beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, through Web Beacons, we may collect general information that will not personally identify you, such as: Internet browser, operating system, IP address, date of visit, time of visit, length of visit, and path taken through the Site.
- Internal use of Web Beacons: Chime may use Web Beacons internally to count visitors and recognize visitors through cookies. Access to cookies helps personalize your experience when you visit the Site.
- Email: Chime may include Web Beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that Chime sends to you. Web Beacons in email messages helps determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web Beacons: Chime may also use Web Beacons externally. For example, Chime may report aggregate information about visitors, such as demographic and usage information, to its affiliates and other third parties. Chime may also include other Web Beacons within the Site.
You may “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, you may have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive email correspondence from us. Your Personal Information will not be shared with third-party service providers unless you give consent. You will have the opportunity to opt out of Chime marketing emails by clicking the "opt out" or “unsubscribe” link in the email you receive. You can also request this by filling out a web form via our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com.
Please take note that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
Chime uses your Personal Information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your Personal Information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. To do this, we combine personal and non-Personal Information, collected online and offline, including information from third-party sources.
- Fulfill Requests: To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests. This includes sending information to others if you ask us to do so.
- Understand Customer Behavior: To better understand customer behavior so that we may improve our marketing and advertising efforts and to improve the distribution of our products and services.
- Personalize Offerings: To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising.
- Protection: To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business.
- Legal: To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Responding to Customer: To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us.
- Employment Applications: In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with data about yourself, including your educational background, resume, professional licenses, legal work eligibility status, and other information including your ethnicity where required or permitted by law. We may use this information throughout Chime, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its joint ventures, for the purpose of employment consideration.
By providing us with your phone number, you consent to our using your phone number to deliver or cause to be delivered to you at that phone number telemarketing calls (which may use an automatic telephone dialing system) and artificial or prerecorded voice or text messages from us. If you do not wish to receive such calls or messages, you may opt out. You release us from any possible liability or claim stemming from how we use your phone number, included but not limited to claims arising from the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). You understand that you are not required to provide this consent and authorization and that it is not a condition to qualify to receive our services.
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
We may use third-party partners to help us operate and maintain our Website and deliver our products and services. We may also share your information with our service providers and other third parties (“Affiliated Parties”) that provide products or services for or through this Website or for our business (such as website or infrastructure hosting companies, communications providers, email providers, analytics companies, credit card processing companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
We may share data with Chime partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, provide sales support, or provide customer support. We also partner with trusted third parties to provide you with co-marketing content that we think may be relevant to you.
Third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Chime may be required to disclose collected information in order to (i) respond to investigations, court orders or legal process, (ii) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, (iii) violations of the Company’s terms of service, or (iv) as otherwise required by law.
You may request access to your personal data to update, correct or delete, or to limit the use or disclosure of, your personal data.
Individuals wishing to view, update, delete, or supplement their personal data may do so by contacting the business that provided Chime their personal data directly to make their requests, or alternatively they can submit your request through our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime DSAR Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.Individuals outside the European Union (“EU”) may also use our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Chime does not sell or otherwise disclose the Personal Information it holds to third parties, except for the following exceptional circumstances:
- Third Parties: Chime will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but may disclose Personal Information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with Chime. We will only share Personal Information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you at your request and in accordance with our respective agreement. We will ensure appropriate contractual clauses are in place to ensure compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- Business Purposes: In a prospective business transaction, Chime may disclose Personal Information where Chime has entered into an agreement that restricts the use and disclosure of that data solely for purposes related to the transaction, protects the data by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, and if the transaction does not proceed, the data is returned to Chime or destroyed within a reasonable time. With respect to employee data, Chime may disclose Personal Information if it is necessary to establish, manage or terminate an employment relationship, as allowed by law.
- Legal and Safety Reasons: Chime may be required to disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or legal entities. We may disclose information by law, litigation, or as a matter of national security to comply with a valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law. We may also need to disclose Personal Information in the event of an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or security. If the data requested is held on behalf of a customer, Chime will inform the customer unless it is prohibited to do so by law. Chime may be required to disclose information without your consent or knowledge if: (i) it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the customer’s knowledge or consent would compromise an investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the law; (ii) it is reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the customer’s knowledge or consent would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress the fraud; (iii) it is necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased to a government institution or the individual’s next of kin or authorized representative and, if the individual is alive, with notification to the individual.
- Change of Ownership: If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Chime on the websites and services. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Your Right to Correction. You have the right to request the correction of any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information as you may direct.
We take reasonable and appropriate precautions, including administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures, to safeguard Personal Data against loss, misuse, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting sensitive information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information.
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of this site and any other related services, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
All Personal Information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or transferred. Chime retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. Chime will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time. At any point in time, you can withdraw consent and we will immediately stop processing your data.
Chime may share customer information within our affiliated companies for a variety of purposes, for example, to provide you with the latest information about our products and services and offer you our latest promotions. “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity. To facilitate our global operations, Chime may transfer Personal Information from your home country to other Chime locations across the world. To protect your Personal Information, we will only transfer data to countries who provide an “adequate” level of Personal Information protection. If the data is transferred to counties without “adequate” protection as determined by the European Parliament, we will use additional safeguards to ensure your data is protected.
In regard to the aforementioned rights to voice questions, make requests regarding your data privacy or withdraw consent, we will respond to your request within 30 days. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if: the law permits or requires us to do so, if it infringes on the privacy of other individuals or internal procedures, if we find the request to be unfounded or excessive, or if we are unable to verify your identity.
If the volume or complexity of the request requires internal processing at Chime beyond 30 days, Chime will inform the requester within 30 days of the reasons for an extension and may charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs.
Security of all information is of the utmost importance for Chime. Chime uses technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your Personal Information from unauthorized disclosure. We use encryption technology to keep all information secure. We also make all attempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to Personal Information. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information and, unless otherwise agreed in a written agreement between Chime and the applicable party, we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the case of a data breach, we will notify you without undue delay of any loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you. We will notify relevant regulatory bodies within 72 hours of indentifying a breach.
To facilitate our business practices, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in the United States. As a result, your Personal Data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, and which may not provide for the same level of data protection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure an adequate level of protection, for example by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Chime commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information under GDPR. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints should use our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Alternative Means of Contact
If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com to our mailing address:
Chime Technologies, Inc.
45 W Buchanan St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
If you have any unresolved privacy concerns that we have not addressed to your satisfaction after contacting us, you have the right to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities by clicking on the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We acknowledge the right of UK, EU, and Swiss individuals to access their personal data. You may request to access and limit use and disclosure of this data by using our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 179883, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
On January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) took effect and established requirements and rights relating to personal information of California consumers. This section for California residents applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||No|
We will use and retain the collected personal information as needed to provide the Services or for:
Category A - As long as the user has an account with us
Category B - As long as the user has an account with us
Category G - As long as the user has an account with us
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries;
The Fair Information Practices, also known as the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within seven (7) business days
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If we learn that we have mistakenly collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chime's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google’s API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
- The App will only use access to read, write Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App's internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Any information acquired through integration with Google services (Gmail, Drive, etc.) is done so explicitly for the purpose of facilitating the usage of user-facing features. Data is not used for advertisements of any kind, and never transferred or accessed aside from cases of enabling functionality, customer support, or for necessary security purposes outlined and coinciding with Google's Limited Usage Requirements.
Chime Technologies, Inc.
45 W Buchanan St
Phoenix, AZ 85004